Splunk at HIMSS18
March 5th - 8th, 2018 | Sands Expo Center, Las Vegas
Using Security Intelligence to Ensure Patient Privacy
Visit our healthcare experts at the Splunk booth #8217. You can also visit Splunk in the Cybersecurity Command Center kiosk #8500-12 to learn how Splunk uses security intelligence to solve critical patient privacy issues. Splunk will demonstrate how machine data can be transformed into security intelligence, ensuring the privacy of patient data while achieving HIPAA and HITECH requirements for privacy monitoring. We will also explore the benefits and use cases for Splunk’s entire solution suite, including Splunk Enterprise, Splunk Cloud, Splunk Enterprise Security and Splunk IT Service Intelligence. Healthcare demonstrations at HIMSS17 will include:
- Health Level Seven (HL7): Collect, index, and analyze HL7 data for time-critical healthcare operational intelligence.
- Patient Privacy: Transform machine data into security intelligence, ensuring privacy of patient data while achieving HIPAA and HITECH regulatory requirements
- Care Coordination: Identify patient treatment gaps, redundancies, and interactions encompassing multiple providers, patient behaviors, and prescriptions
- Natural Language Processing: Categorize log messages and machine data from all relevant applications and servers
- Claims: Accelerate claims processing by indexing and analyzing machine data from all relevant applications and servers
- Process Analytics: Optimize operational and hospital departmental workflows with Splunk solutions
Securing Patient Data in IoT and Healthcare
Abstract: IoT has disrupted and influenced the strategy of many companies and market segments of healthcare. Leveraging IoT will unleash opportunities due to the unlimited possibilities for innovation in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of paths to wellness and improved health. There is a huge focus on securing cutting-edge technologies and services in IoT. Learn different strategies used by Splunk customers to leverage IoT technology in healthcare and ensure the safety of that data. The end result will be an even better focus on care delivery to transform the lives of their patients.
Tuesday March 6, 2018
Cybersecurity Command Center,
Room - Veronese
Shirley Golen, Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Healthcare
Tracking every stage of the service lifecycle - from device manufacturing through post-use return.
Initial time to value in three days, with complex lab adoption in three months
Rapidly detects and corrects transaction errors to reduce resubmissions and denied claims.