Big data, especially machine data, is fueling the latest machine learning (ML) trend and we’ve got you covered with 18 sessions at .conf2016. Cut through the hype and learn how to operationalize ML in your organization to prevent service outages, manage inventory, identify insider threats, or to simply manage your alerts better. Whether you’ve been using the ML Toolkit since it was introduced last year or you’re just curious what all the excitement is about, you can hear directly from Splunk product managers and developers and customers like Emerson, NTT Docomo, Dunkin’ Donuts, Zillow, and others.
Tuesday, September 27:
- 10:30a – Introduction to Splunk IT Service Intelligence, Alok Bhide, Principal Product Manager, Splunk Inc. / David Millis, Staff Architect, IT Operations Analytics, Splunk Inc.
- 11:35a – How the Splunk Platform Supports 120 Million Monthly Active Users, Chris Kammermann, Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Shazam
- 4:20p – Splunk UBA – A Data Scientist in a Box, Bob Pratt, Director, Product Management for UBA, Splunk Inc.
- 4:20p – Anomaly Hunting with Splunk Software, Macy Cronkrite, Professional Services, Splunk Inc. / Anthony Tellez, Sr. Consultant – Public Sector, Splunk Inc.
- 4:20p – Machine Learning and Anomaly Detection in Splunk IT Service Intelligence, Alex Cruise, Senior Dev. Manager / Architect, Splunk Inc. / Fred Zhang, Senior Data Scientist, Splunk Inc.
Wednesday, September 28:
- 11:00a – Using the Splunk Machine Learning Toolkit to Create Your Own Custom Models, Adam Oliner, Director of Engineering, Splunk Inc. / Manish Sainani, Principal Product Manager, Splunk Inc.
- 1:10p – Demystifying Machine Learning and Anomaly Detection: Practical Applications in Splunk for Insider Threat Detection and Security Analytics, Tobias Ryan, Manager, Behavioral Analytics, Emerson
- 1:10p – Machine Learning and Anomaly Detection in Splunk IT Service Intelligence, Alex Cruise, Senior Dev. Manager / Architect, Splunk Inc. / Fred Zhang, Senior Data Scientist, Splunk Inc.
- 2:15p – Machine Learning Using Splunk and R, Marianne Faro, Principal Consultant, Analytics Lead, Itility / Daniel Koops, MSc, Itility / Gijs Wobben, Data Scientist, Itility
Thursday, September 29:
- 10:15a – Splunk at a Telco: Assessing Outages and Improving Customer Experience with Machine Learning, Andrew Phillips, Senior Sales Engineer, Splunk Inc.
- 10:15a – Fast Time to Extraordinary Value: Quickly Add Powerful Machine Learning to Your Splunk Apps and Dashboards with Splunk’s New Machine Learning Toolkit, Mike Cormier, Managing Director, Concanon LLC / William Thackrey, Managing Director, Concanon LLC
- 11:20a – Anomaly Detection on Business Items with Machine Learning Algorithms, Andre Pietsch, Product Manager, OTTO (GmbH and Co. KG) / Stefan Scholz, Senior Consultant Data Analytics, LC Systems GmbH
- 1:30p – Solve Big Problems with Machine Learning, Wendy Andre, Staff Sales Engineer, Splunk Inc. / Tom LaGatta, Staff Sales Engineer, Splunk Inc.
- 2:35p – Splunk for Donuts: Optimizing Donut Production at Dunkin with Splunk and Machine Learning, Matthew Kraft, Director Consumer Technology and Mobile, Dunkin’ Brands /Brian Nash, Architect, Business Analytics and IoT, Splunk Inc.
- 2:35p – Predicting Incidents with Supervised and Unsupervised Machine Learning on Splunk, Shin-ichiro Takahashi, Managing Director, NTT DOCOMO
I’m looking forward to meeting customers from around the world at .conf2016 and hearing about the creative new ways you’re using Splunk.
See you there!
Director, Product Marketing
Follow all the conversations coming out of #splunkconf16!