Hello Splunk Developers!
I recently joined Splunk working on our developer platform efforts driving our SDKs and Tools. We are excited to be taking forward our dev platform and continuing to bring you better and better support for integrating with Splunk, extending Splunk, and building Splunk applications. On the dev plaform team we are now planning out what we’re going to do in the future. We’d love to have you help us figure out where we go next:
- Should we invest in SDKs for mobile devices like IOS and Android?
- Are there specific Splunk features like Data Models you’d like to see surface in our existing SDKS?
- Should we be adding a new kind of charting to the web framework?
- Are there language specific capabilities we could be better leveraging?
- Should we provide richer support for Splunk extensions like our new custom search commands in different languages?
For your input on these questions and more, we recently launched a new UserVoice site at splunkdev.uservoice.com. Using this site you can tell us about what new features you’d like to see either by submitting new requests, or voting on existing. You can also comment on why you see that feature as valuable (or not).
Below is a screenshot of what you’ll see when you enter the site:
If you don’t have a UserVoice account you’ll be asked to create one. Once you login you can vote on existing feature requests.
And you can easily make a suggestion for a new feature or multiple features!
Once the requests are in, anyone who has signed up can comment on the features. This includes members of our team who can weigh in on the conversation or ask for more clarity.
We’ll be monitoring UserVoice going forward to feed your ideas into our planning efforts. It’s your way to tell us what you want to see and connect directly with our team! Is there some killer feature that’s just critical to your business? Let us know!
We look forward to seeing you at splunkdev.uservoice.com.