Excessive Escalations, High MTTR and Limited Data Access
Your service desk is the face of your IT operation to both internal and external customers. Traditionally you've focused on operational metrics - low cost per call and fast mean time to resolve. Now service desks are expected to deliver business and user satisfaction by improving the customer experience. First contact resolution (FCR) is the start. But support analysts need access to data that is secure and distributed. Data such as email tracing, network access, online application errors, trading system failures, etc. Support analysts may need to track secured transaction data across servers, applications and other devices. This information is often locked down in silos across different departments, datacenters and locations, placing the burden on your operations teams to deliver the data your service desk needs...while your customer waits.
How can your service desk staff get secure access to the machine data they need to resolve customer issues in real time? Do first tier support analysts typically have to escalate to Tier 2 and 3 support, or even operations or development staff to find data and solve problems? Can support analysts resolve issues on the first touch, or do they have to hunt for the needle in your haystack of machine data?
Enable First Call Resolution and Drive Customer SatisfactionWith Splunk, users can now index, search and analyze all their machine data from a single location in real time, troubleshooting applications, investigating security incidents, and meeting compliance requirements, in minutes instead of hours or days.
The hundreds of customers using Splunk for service desk are eliminating up to 90% of escalations, cutting problem analysis time from days to hours, resolving customer issues the first time, and sharing data with colleagues to address common problems more quickly.
- See dramatically faster problem analysis by enabling your teams to search, drill down and observe trends across user data from one interface in real time.
- Minimize escalations by providing 1st tier support direct and secure access to the data they need to resolve issues on initial contact without escalating to tier 2 and tier 3 analysts.
- Move from reactive to proactive by monitoring all components and end-to-end transactions to watch for anomalies and trends.
- Reduce ramp time for new support analysts by sharing knowledge on recurring and most frequently reported issues across the organization.
- Diagnose problems accurately the first time by searching and analyzing all relevant data from one place.
- Automatically monitor your entire value chain and get proactively alerted whenever early warning signs are spotted.
- Gain access to all of the data you need to speed resolution and minimize escalations from one place without involving other groups.
- Eliminate ad-hoc requests for data by giving the service desk self-service, controlled, real time access to production across the entire application stack.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues faster by looking for errors across all your log files and data from one place to find the root cause.
- Build system of proactive notifications and automation of monitoring by scheduling automatic alerts based on early warning signs across all your IT infrastructure data.
- Reduce mean time to resolution (MTTR) and boost first contact resolution by enabling service desk staff to diagnose problems accurately the first time.
- Improve Customer satisfaction by giving your service desk and support teams visibility across your entire value chain and being proactively notified of issues..
- Reduce total support costs by enabling Tier 1 support analysts to address issues without escalating to other groups.