Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange
Real-time Management of Microsoft Exchange-based Email Infrastructures
While many organizations rely on a Microsoft Exchange-based messaging infrastructure, getting full visibility into this complex environment is often a challenge. It can be difficult to manage and maintain an infrastructure that spans multiple technologies and different departments and groups.
You need an enterprise-class monitoring solution that goes beyond a single technology or product. See the inner workings of your entire messaging infrastructure and gain real-time operational intelligence with the Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange.
Gain deep visibility into the health and performance of your Microsoft Exchange Server environment. Along with monitoring your entire messaging infrastructure, the Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange lets you identify and troubleshoot infrastructure problems such as message routing failures, storage issues, service failures and non-responding servers.
From a single view of your infrastructure, you can resolve problems and reduce the mean time to investigate by up to 90%. Use Splunk to analyze long-term mail operation trends monitor the health performance of your Exchange environment. Determine utilization trends for your mailbox stores, client usage patterns, login times, mobile devices, browsers and operating systems used, and more.
With the Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange, you gain deep visibility into the health and performance of your Microsoft Exchange Server environment.
Traditional email management tools only notify you of an "up or down" status and are incapable of viewing the entire messaging platform. By contrast, the Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange makes your entire messaging infrastructure visible and simple to manage. The Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange collects metrics and logs from Microsoft Exchange Server and the associated infrastructure (Windows Server security event logs, Exchange audit and application events, and internal .NET data structures). Administrators can view real-time trends, dashboards and reports to reduce mean time to repair problems. IT organizations can view service availability, usage patterns and traffic flow, while also drilling into details on performance and security.
With Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange you can:
- Identify infrastructure problems, such as non-running services and load issues
- Monitor the performance of all servers throughout your messaging environment
- Track inbound and outbound messages throughout your messaging environment
- Monitor client usage, including mobility usage via ActiveSync
- Monitor security events such as anomalous logons and litigation holds
- Track administrative changes to the environment
- Analyze long-term mail operations trends
- Plan for capacity expansion
- Monitor your organization's outbound email sender reputation
The Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange is a solution designed to meet the challenge of multiple requirements across the enterprise. It can be leveraged in many ways, from supporting help desk operations and CIO SLA commitments to assisting the security team in protecting the infrastructure.
- Exchange Administrator: Access to real-time information about the messaging infrastructure for proactive management
- Helpdesk: Real-time access to user mailbox information, avoiding costly escalations and improving first call resolution
- HR Team: Access to information to monitor usage patterns in accordance with corporate guidelines to ensure corporate polices are being followed
- Security Team: Monitor the domains from which users are sending and receiving emails and track usage patterns and unauthorized access attempts to deliver a secure messaging infrastructure
- CIO: Real-time visibility of service levels and status of the messaging infrastructure and whether SLAs are being met
Supported Exchange Server Versions
Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange supports Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, 2010 and 2013 running on Windows Server 2003 or later.
The Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange requires Splunk® Enterprise™ on Windows v4.3.4 for deployments to the Exchange Servers. Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange UI requires Splunk Enterprise v4.3 or later, Sideview Utils v1.3.5 or later and Google Maps™. Sideview Utils™ and Google Maps are available as a free downloads on Splunk Base.
Splunk for Windows
Splunk App for Microsoft Exchange
Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.