Splunk App for HadoopOps
Monitor and Troubleshoot Hadoop Infrastructure in Real Time
Existing Hadoop monitoring tools show the status of the Hadoop cluster and MapReduce jobs, but ignore the associated infrastructure of the network, switches, racks, operating system and backups. With the Splunk App for HadoopOps, gain a more complete view of your end-to-end Hadoop environment.
- Get a centralized view to monitor and troubleshoot your complete Hadoop environment
- Eliminate manual processes and generate alerts showing warnings or errors
- Analyze real-time and historical MapReduce job performance
The Splunk App for Hadoop Operations provides end-to-end monitoring and troubleshooting for Hadoop. Monitor your entire Hadoop environment including the NameNode, SecondaryNameNode, JobTracker, network, switches, operating system and network file system (NFS) backups.
The Splunk App for HadoopOps enables you to monitor, troubleshoot and analyze your Hadoop cluster and the associated hardware and software infrastructure in one or multiple data centers. Most Hadoop monitoring tools show you the master nodes, DataNodes and MapReduce jobs, but you have to go to separate monitoring tools to troubleshoot broader systems. See all of these in a single web interface with the Splunk App for Hadoop Operations.
- Monitor Nodes on Cluster - Get an at-a-glance view of the status of each Hadoop service
- Troubleshoot MapReduce Jobs - Rapidly sort, filter and report on historical job performance based on key performance metrics, time, status, user or resource usage
- Manage Workloads - Identify concurrent job workloads that may impact or be impacted by failures or bottlenecks
- Track Operational Logs - Centralize and retain a definitive record of all user activity across your cluster and provide role-based access to Splunk searches
- Monitor Hadoop Services - Visualize your cluster's resource usage using a real-time heat map of key performance metrics
- Manage Services - Enable Hadoop administrators to establish specific views of only the nodes needed
- View Hadoop Configurations - Discover the software and hardware configuration of each node and daemon in the Hadoop cluster
- Search Logs - Enhance end-to-end debugging of issues with the power of Splunk search and the real-time display of information from all Hadoop, Linux, database and network log files
- Set Alerts - Get notifications of key events, alerts, resource utilization and job activity