Splunk Reports 2010 Revenue of $66 Million; 96% Annual Growth Rate
Operational Intelligence Leader Adds 900 New Customers, Expands International Operations
SAN FRANCISCO - Jan. 18, 2011 - Splunk, a leading provider of operational intelligence software, today announced record results for the year ending December 31, 2010. For the full year, Splunk achieved revenues of $66 million, representing year-over-year growth of 96%. Splunk added over 900 new customers for the year increasing the total to over 2,300 customers in 74 countries.
"Our 2010 results reflect the investment Splunk is making to drive customer success," said Godfrey Sullivan, president and CEO of Splunk. "We doubled our field organization, our technical support capability, and our apps development team. In addition to our core markets within IT, our customers are now using Splunk in new markets such as web and business analytics. I want to thank our loyal customers for their enthusiastic evangelism of Splunk around the world."
Additional 2010 Highlights:
- Released Splunk 4.1: Real-time search and monitoring for live streaming IT data
- Ended year with over 275 financial services and over 150 telecom customers
- Hosted the company's first annual worldwide users' conference - with over 300 customer and partner attendees from 16 countries
- Industry recognition including:
- Winner "Best Integrated Security Solution" for 2nd straight year, SC Magazine
- Finalist "Best CEO" - San Francisco Business Times
- "2010 Editor's Best Award" by Windows IT Pro(r) Magazine
The company also announced record results for the fourth quarter, with over 300 new customers worldwide, including:
- Americas: Staples, Amway, BondDesk Group and Health First
- Europe: Accor in France, AXA Germany, A1 Telekom in Austria and UniCredit Bank in Italy
- Asia-Pacific: the Institute for Information Industry in Taiwan, China Telecom, and Infratil Energy in Australia
- Federal sector: the U.S. Army Special Operations Command, the U.S. Veterans Administration, the FDIC and key U.S. DoD agencies
- Splunk also reported expansions by existing customers, including MetroPCS, SwissPost, LinkedIn and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Additional Q4 Highlights:
- Five new Fortune 100 customers
- Opened a development office in Taiwan
- Hosted 13 SplunkLive events in four countries, with more than 1,000 attendees
- Expanded OEM agreement with Cisco -integrating Splunk within its line of Web and Email security appliance products
The Splunk board of directors approved a fiscal year-end change to January 31st from December 31st. With this change, the Splunk 2012 fiscal year will begin February 1, 2011, and end January 31, 2012.
Splunk is the leading operational intelligence software used to monitor, report and analyze live streaming IT data as well as terabytes of historical data--located on-premise or in the cloud. Almost half of the Fortune 100 and more than 2,300 enterprises, service providers and government organizations in 74 countries use Splunk to improve service levels, reduce IT operations costs, mitigate security risks, and drive new levels of operational visibility.
For more information, please contact:
Media Contact Information:
Investor Contact Information:
Splunk, Splunk>, Listen to Your Data, The Engine for Machine Data, Hunk, Splunk Cloud, Splunk Light, Splunk Storm, SPL, Splunk MINT Express and Splunk MINT Enterprise are trademarks and registered trademarks of Splunk Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective owners. © 2015 Splunk Inc. All rights reserved.